.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

October 22, 2005

Stalled!!!! 

October the 2nd. Things get interesting. This being the day when I almost landed a plane by myself. I would say almost though, the instructor is there and helps with everything, especially the rudder since it is hard skill to master. But the cream of the day were the stalls. Its where you nearly stop the airplane in the air and then it wants to come down. They come on two varieties, power off and power on. I nearly put one in a spin. The natural habit of using ailerons to keep level does not work in stalls and will put you in a spin. I got to hear,"Keep and ailerons level, use the rudder, lower the nose," a couple dozens of times now. The stall characteristics of a Cessna 152 are pretty mild though with you having to literally force a stall. The plane really does not want to stall. Did I ever tell you people that N222UM, the Cessna 152 that I usually fly was made in 1977. But it has an engine that is only about an year old. Most airframes last a long time. There are lost of WWII aircraft that are still being flow today.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?