.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

November 23, 2005

Uptime 

My Debian GNU/Linux server hit 100 days of uptime today.

methane /home/dhingraa%uptime
10:21:35 up 100 days, 59 min, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I use this server for lots of things, code repository(svn), webserver, mysql, wiki, storage, practise unix skills, etc. Over the past few months, even though I have installed a number of new things, it has not required a single reboot. Check out the cricket wiki hosted on the server. The link is the the top right of this page. Oh, did I mention its a retired P-III 800 MHz. with 256 RAM.

Of the cluster we run, there are two machines that have been up 258 days with the other being 140 days and above. The cluster is over 3 years old now running 24 P-4 2.26MHz and 4 new P-4 3.2 MHz

Its snowing today, so most probably I am grounded.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?